When we talk about health and beauty, coconut oil is one of the most beneficial ingredients. It has some fantastic anti-oxidant properties, and it works great for strengthening your skin. Its amazing ingredients and properties have evolved a lot of benefits which we can get from it, especially in terms of skin and eye care.
What is coconut oil?
An oil extracted from fresh coconut or dried coconut came from the palm tree. It contains a high level of saturated fats, which is beneficial in improving your circulation and reducing inflammation.
Effect Of Coconut Oil On Skin and Eyes:
It has the following beneficial effects:
– It moisturizes the skin around the eyes to prevent dryness and wrinkling.
– It penetrates quickly into the skin and rejuvenates.
– It contains vitamins and fatty acids that are essential to the growth of healthy skin cells.
– The vitamin E and anti-oxidants in it heal and repair damaged skin cells.
– It is anti-inflammatory, so it reduces redness and swelling.
– The lactic acid in it tightens pores to make skin smooth and firm.
Uses Of Coconut Oil:
There are many uses of coconut oil. Keep reading, and you will get to know a lot about it:
1. Overnight Skin Care
Using coconut oil before bedtime will make your face pure, clean, and refreshed for sure. It penetrates deeply into the skin, making it soft, flexible, and nourished. It has saturated fats, which will improve circulation when you apply it on your face leaving you with an early morning glow.
2. Effective against dark circles:
It is usually believed that coconut oil is an effective remedy against dark circles. As dark circles appear due to the thinning of the skin with age, coconut oil gives a skin barrier, which helps you to reduce the effect of dark circles.
Coconut oil is also effective in reducing inflammation and puffiness around the eyes and heals the skin.
How To Apply For Dark Circles:
- Wash your face with a smooth, soft cleanser.
- Apply a little amount of coconut oil to your dark circles.
- Gently massage it into the skin for a few minutes. Let it completely absorb in your skin.
- Leave it on overnight and wash it off the next morning.
3. Whipped Coconut Oil Cellulite Cream
Cellulite is a problem for many women and coconut oil is the best solution to deal with it. The recipe is simple. You can get rid of cellulite easily by following these steps:
- Just mix coconut oil and honey.
- Apply the mixture on your skin before going to bed.
- Be persistent for several weeks.
Using it continuously is the key here. But you can get rid of them.
4. Cuticle Softener
Massage coconut oil in dry, hang nail prone cuticles. Coconut oil will make your nails’ cuticles soft and give your nails shine and health.
5. Varicose Veins
Massage varicose veins really well with coconut oil. Studies say that this is an excellent method for this problem.
6. Coconut Oil Hand Cream
Solve the problem of dry hands with coconut oil; it will make them softer and smoother. As it has saturated fats, it will moisturize as well as tightens your skin.
7. Chemical-Free Shaving Cream
Shaving cream for your underarms and your legs contain many chemicals and is very expensive. Coconut oil can replace shaving creams. It is cheap, natural, and your skin after shaving will be hydrated.
8. Helps with skin irritation:
Coconut oil, with its amazing properties, helps with skin issues. It improves eczema and dermatitis.
9. Removes Eye Makeup:
Suppose you don’t have a makeup remover, not to worry. Coconut oil can help you out; it works as an effective but gentle makeup remover, especially for the eyes.
10. Eyelash Treatment for Super Lush Lashes
You might have never thought of it, but you can have super lush lashes by using coconut oil. They say that coconut oil prevents the lashes from getting damaged. This is especially useful if you wear eye makeup as it can cause hair loss and breakage over time.
How to apply coconut oil for lashes:
- Wash your hands.
- Apply coconut oil to your lashes before bedtime.
- Gently rub along your lash line with eyes closed.
You can also use a mascara wand, which you need to wash and dry first. Then dip it in coconut oil and apply as you apply mascara.
These are some amazing uses of coconut oil on your skin and eyes.
Benefits of using coconut oil overnight on face:
There are some fantastic benefits which you can get overnight:
- Coconut oil increases the hydration of your skin as it moisturizes well and traps the moisture inside with it.
- It gives your skin a protective layer of the barrier.
- This oil is effective in reducing inflammation on the skin
- Coconut oil helps in increasing collagen production, aiding in the firmness of the skin, might be helpful for wrinkles too.
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. Does using coconut oil have any side effects?
Coconut oil is comedogenic, and it is not suitable for people with oily and acne-prone skin as it clogs pores.
Due to this reason, it might cause blackheads, whiteheads, or pimples.
Some people are also allergic to coconut oil.
Q. Which type of coconut oil works best for the skin?
There are three types of coconut oil, refined, unrefined, and liquid. The best option to use on the skin is unrefined organic coconut oil because it is not processed and has all the natural ingredients.
Q. Is coconut oil good for hair?
Coconut oil stimulates hair growth and nourishes the scalp, helping it fight with lice or dandruff. It also gives your hair shine, softness, and luster and prevents breakage.
Coconut oil is wonderful and helpful in various ways; it is healthy for your skin and eyes. It moisturizes your skin and helps your eyes to get rid of dark circles. Not only this, it is great for the lashes too.
If you have dry skin that is not acne-prone, coconut oil can be a good option for you.