Who doesn’t love chicken wings? If you are on keto and want to munch on something yummy, I must tell you that chicken wings are your option today. You can easily make keto-friendly chicken wings, and the best part is that they will be baked instead of fried. Although they will be oven-baked, they will be crispy and yummy, and your family will love them.
There are some tips that you need to follow to eat these yummy keto chicken wings. Keep reading to know all about it.
Making Keto Chicken Wings:
Keto chicken wings are easy to make with the ingredients that you have at your home. The following are the ingredients list and preparation time for 4 people.
Ingredients we need for keto chicken wings:
Baked keto chicken wings will be crispy and yummy. The ingredients list you would be needing is:
- Chicken wings – 3 pounds
- Melted butter – 4 tbs
- Olive oil – 1tbs
- Garlic cloves – 2
- Salt – 1tsp
- Black pepper -1/3 tsp
- Cayenne pepper – 1/3 tsp
- Chilli pepper – ½
- Ginger powder – 1tsp
- Brown sugar – 1 tbs
- Lemon juice
- Soy sauce – 1tbs
- Lime juice
- Parsley – fresh ½ tsp
All of these things and usually present in your kitchen. And if you have the chicken wings in your freezer too, what is the wait for? Let’s start making chicken wings so that you can have them for dinner tonight.
Instruction Method to Bake Wings:
The instruction method to bake wings is as follows:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Dry chicken wings with paper towels and absorb as much moisture as you can by pressing hard on the wings.
- Now put them in the bowl and keep them aside.
- Take another bowl and add melted butter, brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger powder, garlic cloves, chili pepper, black pepper, cayenne pepper, lemon, and lime.
- Mix this mixture.
- Now pour this mixture on the wings and use your hands to coat them well.
- Put the wings on the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake the wings now for 45 to 50 minutes until they become brown in color.
- Flip them over halfway by using tongues.
- After the wings turn brown, remove them from the oven and put them in a serving platter.
- Do some garnishing with parsley and serve them with lime and lemon.
The nutritional value of this meal is as follows:
- Calories – 687
- Total Fat – 48 g
- Cholesterol – 18%
- Carbohydrates – 3%
- Protein – 53%
With their lower value of carbohydrates, they make a great option for the keto diet.
Use baking powder to make wings crispier:
Yes, you read it right. It is a secret ingredient that makes chicken crispier when you apply it to the wings. Use baking powder, which is aluminum-free.
We are not sure why and how baking powder makes it part, but it surely does, and you can enjoy crispy hot chicken wings.
Dipping Sauce For Hot Wing:
Hot wings are incomplete without a dipping sauce. The sauce will enhance the taste of the wings. As for the concern of keto diet, you can easily find zero carb sauces.
Buffalo sauce and some Asian sauce are the best options for a dipping sauce for wings. You can find them in the market, and you can find no carbs version of the sauces, which will make a great combo.
Some other options also include:
- Keto bbq sauce
- Parmesan and garlic chicken wings
- Low sugar Thai chili sauce
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. Can we eat chicken wings in keto diet?
Keto diet basically means high fats and low carbs levels. Chicken wings have low to zero carb value and high in fat content. This makes chicken wings a great option for a meal in the keto diet. You can surely enjoy it.
Q. How can I make my chicken wings crispy?
To eat your chicken wings in crisper form, you can have to follow both of the following things:
- Use baking powder – it will crisp the chicken’s skin, and you will be able to enjoy these yummy and crispy hot wings.
- Eat them as soon as possible – when you take the wings out of the oven and let them sit for some time, they might become soggy and lose their crisp. Eat them as you take them out with the sauce to enjoy the maximum crispiness.
Q. Can I bake Buffalo wings?
Actually, buffalo wings should be deep-fries and properly cooked to get the best taste out of them.
Chicken wings make a great option for the keto diet. They are low in carbs and high in fat portions. You can enjoy them with dipping sauce for wings, which is keto-friendly. Make them with the ingredients you will probably have at your home and enjoy your dinner, which your family will surely love.