The corn dog is American food that people are enjoying for ages. Usually, at the fair stalls, the most favorite snack was used to be these corn dogs. Its crunchy and crispy outer part and soft juicy inner part makes it even yummier. Now you can enjoy that yummy taste on your dinner table, which is also fulfilling your keto diet.
It is a family meal bound to the keto diet, and everyone can enjoy it; even the kids would love it.
Keto Yummy Snack:
So you are on a keto diet and craving something yummy for your meal today? We have brought this great keto corn dog option for you, which is a perfect low carb option for you.
Recipe For Keto Corn Dog:
You can make these yummy keto corn dogs at home with some simple ingredients you would definitely have in your home. Let’s find out the ingredients and make these corn dogs.
Ingredients For Keto Corn Dog:
The ingredients you would need for the corn dog are:
- Hot dogs – a pack of 6
- Cheese – mozzarella – 3 ½ cup
- Almond flour – 1 ½ cup
- Egg – 1
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Xanthan gum – 1 tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
Directions To Follow:
Steps that you would need to follow to make yummy hot corn dogs are as follows. Follow them one by one and have some great results by the end.
- Take out the hot dogs and insert a stick inside each hot dog. Put them on a tray and set aside to use later.
- Now you need to make the keto cornbread first. For that, put the cheese in the bowl and microwave it. Give a time of 1 minute, until the cheese is melted. Put this bowl aside for later use.
- Take a bowl and add all the dry ingredients, including almond flour, baking powder, salt, and xanthan gum. Mix them and set this bowl aside too.
- Then take a bigger bowl and add all the contents, melted cheese, almond flour mixture, and the egg.
- Now mix it well with an electronic mixer. You can also use the food processor. Continue mixing until the dough is formed.
- After the mixture became doughy, spread a parchment paper, and put the dough ball on it.
- Now put another parchment paper on top.
- Start rolling on the dough with the rolling pin. Roll the dough until it is 1/8 or ¼ inch in thickness.
- Maintain the shape of the dough in a rectangle form.
- Now take that hotdog you put aside with the stick and put it on the dough.
- Cut the dough enough so that it covers the hot dog.
- Now wrap the dough around the hot dog. Mold it in the same shape.
- All the pre preps are done till now. It is the time to fry; take your bigger skillet out. It should be almost 10 inches.
- Preheat it with oil in it. You can use avocado oil to be on the keto side strictly.
- Fry the corn dogs now, preferably fry them one by one or two at a time.
- When one side is golden brown, turn the side to fry them evenly.
- Take it out and dry the excess oil with the help of a paper towel.
That’s it. Your corn dogs are ready to munch on.
The serving of 6 has the following nutritional value:
- Calories – 464
- Fats 38.8 grams
- Proteins – 22.5 grams
- Carbs – 6.6 grams
Keto Corn Bread:
The dough wrapped around the hot dog is the breading, which is good for a keto corn dog. You obviously can’t use cornmeal for these while on keto, but these dough covers will have a similar effect after frying.
For the corn taste, some people also add corn extract to give it more flavor.
Bite-Sized Corn Dog:
For a bigger gathering or to use them as an appetizer or snacks, you can make the bite-size corn dogs. For this, you need to cut them into bite sizes. These small bites or chunks will be as yummy as the average corn dog.
Are Hot dogs keto-friendly?
Yes, hot dogs are made up of meat and low in carbs. They are absolutely keto-friendly. To be sure, also check the ingredients list on the packet before buying. Buy the one with no added sugar with the lowest carbs value.
Substitute for Oil:
If you are not willing to use oil, you can have a great alternative to an air fryer.
To fry in the air fryer, lay a sheet of parchment paper, put your uncooked corn dogs on it and turn it on for 10 minutes at the level of about 360 degrees. Flip them in the midway after about 5 minutes, so that it is fried evenly.
Dips for your keto corn:
You can have a lot of keto-friendly option of the dips like:
- Ketchup – it should be unsweetened sugar-free.
- BBQ Sauce
Storing your corn dogs:
These hot dogs can be saved for later use. You can easily store them in the fridge for 3 to 4 days. You can reheat them later or eat them as it is, they would still taste the same.
Keto corn dog is a yummy keto-friendly option for your dinner or snack with easy to make recipe and ingredients. Now that you know everything about these keto corn dogs, what’s the wait for? Make this yummy keto cornbread and give your diet a new boost.
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. Can I eat corn in a keto diet?
A cup of corn has 41 grams of carb, so it is not suitable for the keto diet; you can instead go for the other alternatives.
Q. What oils are suitable for frying while on keto?
Oil with a high smoke point is good to use. The smoke point is the degree the oil will reach while on flame before it starts to smoke. The recommended oils are:
- Avocado oil
- Beef tallow
Q. Can I use sausages instead of hot dogs?
Yes, you can, but fry the sausages before wrapping them with the dough as they will take a lot more time to be cooked.